Competition Format (Valid for 2023 event).
- Men’s Pairs Better Ball Stableford.
- WHS 85% handicap allowance.
- Maximum Shot Allowance 18
- The best aggregate points scored over the three rounds will win the Yorkshire Challenge.
- There will also be an Individual Challenge at each course.
- The registered home club of all players at the time of entering the competition must be a recognised 18 hole golf course. All players must possess a CDH number with an active handicap.
- Following the introduction of the WHS, overseas players with an official handicap index may enter and compete in the tournament.
- Competitors must be aged 18 or over on Day 1 of the competition.
- Entrants who do not meet the above criteria may still be allowed to play in the competition but will not be eligible to win any prizes.
- The competition committee reserve the right to reject any entry to the competition of any entrant and where this is the case will not enter any correspondence regarding the rejection. The competition committee may at its discretion change or amend the competition rules
The result for the Yorkshire Challenge will be determined by card play-off as follows:
- Best Final Round score
- Best last nine holes of the Final Round
- Best last six holes of the Final Round
- Best last three holes of the Final Round
- Best last hole of the Final Round
- Sudden-death from hole one of the Final Round
- If still tied the above procedure will apply to Round one
The card play off for the Individual Challenge at each venue will be as follows:
- Best last nine holes
- Best last six holes
- Best last three holes
- Best last hole
- Sudden-death from hole one
Hole in One
If you fail to cancel your booking within 90 days of the start of the event, then no refund will be available. You may however substitute a player or both players for the event booked.